Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Our New Life



Well I decided that I wanted to start a blog so here it is. I'm mainly doing this as more of a journal for myself, but also for family and friends who we don't get to see much. I figured it would be a great way for them to see what we have been up to. I don't know how often I will post, but hopefully I'll be good about keeping it up to date. So to start off I'll give a review of the past (almost) 10 months.


Right before Ethan and I got married we were offered a place to live from a close family friend. So after we got married we moved in. We are currently in Pendleton and are loving our cute little house. What we really like is being so close to both of our families, and we get to see them a lot. During the summer we helped Ethan's dad with the farmers market in Walla Walla on weekends. It was fun to hang out with him so much and to help the family business. Ethan and I are both working for my brother-in-law here in town and are grateful for our jobs.

This past September Ethan started school at Blue Mountain Community College here in Pendleton. He is currently working towards his 2 year transfer degree. While Ethan was going to school I was working full time and enjoying being able to come home and be a "house wife".

In November we bought our first car! It's a Subaru Outback and we love it! It's not a brand new car but it's new to us and that's all we care about. It was fun being able to go and pick it out and then drive it home and not feel like it was going to fall apart, since that was all I was used to in the car I had in High School. It was also a lot of fun to take it up to the Mountains and find a Christmas tree to bring home.


We really enjoyed our first Christmas together. And since our families are so close together we were able to hit up both parties. Our big Christmas present for each other was a new puppy! We bought a Beagle from a breeder in Idaho and one of my friends was so nice to bring her home to us. We named her Bow and have been loving having her around. It has made things much more fun.

When January started up I started up at BMCC. I was able to finish my pre requisites for the Dental Assisting program this past term. I really hope that I will be in the program this coming fall, fingers crossed!

We are both being kept busy with Church callings. Ethan is in the Elders Quorum presidency and is also teaching the mission prep class for our side of the stake. He has been enjoying both very much. I have been working in the primary. Last year I was teaching the 10 year olds and now I'm with the 11 turning 12's. It's been a lot of fun to prepare their lessons and then to talk with them about what we are learning every week. I have also been asked to go to girls camp this summer. At first I was a little nervous about going since I didn't exactly enjoy it when I was a young woman. But now I can't wait to go! I'm so looking forward to meeting the girls and getting to know the sisters in the stake.

I suppose that is where we are now. We are still madly in love and are enjoying each new day as a married couple. It's crazy to believe that we have been married for almost 10 months. The time sure has flown. But I love being married to my best friend, I am so glad that we are together again after Ethan's long (at least long to me) mission. It was so worth the wait. Especially when we were sealed for time and all eternity. I couldn't think of a better way to spend forever than with my best friend. We have been truly blessed in our marriage. We can see the Lords hand at work everyday. We are so grateful for the gospel and for our Heavenly Fathers love.

Well that pretty much sums up our lives thus far. Hopefully more great things will continue to happen and I'll have something exiting to post about! Love to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment