Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Busy Weekend!

Well life at the Hill house this past weekend was very exciting and very busy. But it was very enjoyable.

This past Thursday my oldest sister, Jill, and I took a quick trip down to Utah to surprise our other sister, Laurie, for her graduation from LDS Business College. We started out by driving to Nampa Idaho where we slept, well more like napped for a few hours. My wonderful Aunt was so nice to let us crash at her house. We got in at around 1:30am, and 4 short hours later we were up and at em and on our way.






We got to Salt Lake City in plenty of time for graduation. Which was very nice so we didn't feel like we were rushing. We waited for mom and Laurie on Temple Square. When they showed up and Laurie finally saw us, She stopped dead in her tracks she was so surprised. It was a great feeling to be able to spend a big occasion with her. After graduation, we went and celebrated at The Cheesecake Factory. I have never eaten there and let me tell you what, it was fantastic! After we all had eaten our main courses, Mom and I decided to share a piece of Red Velvet Cheesecake. When the waitress brought the piece to us, we were all amazed by the size! It was ginormous! And it tasted heavenly! Although, you could only eat a little bit. So the majority of it came back to the Hotel.













On Saturday, all 4 of us were able to spend the morning in the Salt Lake City Temple. It was the first time we have all been able to do an endowment session together. It was so nice to feel the spirit in the Lords House and to be there with my wonderful mother and sisters. It was a wonderful experience and what better Temple then the Temple that was built by the Pioneers. It was amazing to see all the craftsmanship and skills they had. It truly is a piece of art. That evening Jill and I went and saw the movie "42", which is about Jackie Robinson. It was such a good movie! All the actors did a fantastic job, and the best part was no "F" bomb! I think that is the first PG-13 movie that I have seen in a while that didn't feel the need to add it in.



Sunday morning we headed out for the long drive home. I was very glad to be out of the car and back home with Ethan. But I am very grateful to have been able to go and support my big sister.

While I was gone, Ethan spent part of the day on Saturday on a hike at Harris Park in Milton Freewater. He said that he really enjoyed it and we plan to do it again together soon. Bow really enjoyed herself on the hike. She is very much so an outdoor dog.

Well, that's our weekend in a nutshell. We enjoyed ourselves but are very glad to be back home together.


For those who are interested, here is a link to the Salt Lake Temple to see how amazing it is!






No comments:

Post a Comment