Monday, November 24, 2014

Our New Lives

Everyone says that having a baby changes your life. I always believed that what they said was true, but I never knew how much it changed your life. There really is a big difference in life before Rylee to life now.

It was so much easier to make a quick trip to the store, now I feed Rylee right before we leave in hopes that she will be happy. A weekend trip to the cabin took a lot less stuff. Now our car is so packed that the back is 100% full, I ride in the back with Rylee (mainly because its more comfortable since her car seat pushes the font seat all the way up) while Bow gets a very comfy shotgun. I have learned that getting a full nights sleep is almost impossible. Mine and Ethan's "date nights" consist of eating dinner at home and watching a movie. (Yes I know we could get a baby sitter, but I'm just not ready for that.) I have learned to take a very quick shower. Before going outside I always check the weather to make sure I have the appropriate clothing on Rylee and extras for just in case. I work like crazy while she sleeps so I can get the things done I need to. I no longer know when I will be able to eat breakfast or lunch. I am always doing laundry. And I'm sure I could just keep going on.

But even though so much has changed, I wouldn't have it any other way. I am so grateful that Rylee is in my life and that I have the opportunity to stay home with her and take care of her. I love that I get to see all the cute things she does and that I'll get to see her firsts.

Yes my life has changed and a lot of people wouldn't hate what they have to "give up" for a baby. But Even though I "gave up" things, like sleep, I wouldn't change a thing.


 Pictures from Rylee's Blessing day. Her dress was made by her Great-Grandma Sharp out left over material from my moms wedding dress and both of my sisters and I were all blessed it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment